Getting Your Head Around Tree Service Costs in Chicago
Getting you head around the cost of tree removal services, it can me difficult to just say your job will cost x amount without knowing some details about your job first, for you to understand what aspects and factors influence your costs can be very beneficial because if you understand how you are being charged, you can influence the costs in a number of ways as long as you know the breakdown. First of all let us explain why jobs costs what they cost and why the cost will vary from one provider to another.
Factors The Influence Cost
|Factors That Influence Tree Removal Costs|
|How tall the tree||Width of trunk||Is tree close to buildings||Is tree healthy or dead||Softwood or hardwood|
Height and diameter are both used to measure the size of tree. It is an important factor because cutting down a tree with more diameter is going to be harder than a tree which has less thickness.
The tree if healthy and in good shape is harder to remove than a weak tree with already dying roots. One must always make sure to bargain if the tree is weak, it will cost you less.
If a tree is near buildings or residential areas it becomes hard to chop it and drag it. It needs to be roped down very carefully to make sure it does not cause any damage. So, it will cost more. But if the tree you are getting removed is in a place where it can be chopped down easily make sure you have to pay less.
If the tree is fallen and has already caused damage then it costs more because it needs to be very carefully taken out without causing any more damage.
Stump removal is the trickiest of the jobs, it costs on average $165 but the cost may vary depending on the diameter of the tree, the condition of the soil, the roots, and also the time in which you want it removed. There are various methods to remove a stump and the equipment used can also vary depending how fast and efficiently you want it removed.
Trimming and Pruning
Trimming a tree sounds like an easy job but in reality it is more than just removing the dead or broken limbs. Doing it yourself is always dangerous unless the tree size is small and manageable.
Tree Removal Service Costs Chicago IL
|Guideline Tree Removal Costs ($)|
|Size||Height||Low Cost||Average Cost||High Cost|
The National average cost range is around $ 735.00 again this depends on the size, location, health, accessibility of the tree and the time passed since last it was pruned. You might be charged around $250 in case of emergency trimming services. So, try not to avoid trimming for a long time, if may cost you more as time passes. If you would like a quote and a cost break down, give us a call here.
National Average Costs
The costs as outlined earlier are dependent on factors listed above, a national average cost would be approximately around $737 depending on what we outlined. Cost will vary from city to city and one job to another but you should get a cost break down when you are getting a quote in Chicago and get a breakdown of what is being charged for the different services so if you are getting the tree cut down and you are being charged extra for the tree to be taken away you can discuss this with another service provider and get their estimate and what they are charging for the different parts of the job so you can get the best deal.
Add on Costs & What not Included in Your Estimate
When getting a quote all costs will vary and what’s included can vary but for most professional tree service companies when giving a quote will include the following in their estimate:
Cutting down tree
Chipping the branches
Cutting tree trunk into manageable sections (where necessary)
Hauling tree trunk away where necessary
*Note - in some cases, certain providers may just give you a cost for cutting down and chipping branches and may charge extra cutting trunk up and hauling it away especially if it's a large job and they're competing on cost. In most cases, it will be included.
The following are a list of cost that is not usually included in the cost estimate of a tree removal service, you will need to check this with your provider, some may offer it at discount, some may offer it to get the job but unusual, assume these are extra costs when it comes to the removal.
Stump Grinding & Removal
Wood Chopping and Splitting Service
Arborists Assessments and Evaluations
How to Reduce Tree Service Costs - Getting Cheaper Quotes
Now you know some of the factors that you need to consider when looking at how to hiring a tree expert the following are some tips and hacks you can do to reduce the cost of tree services, some of these ideas can be both action based as well as preventative measures:
- Before buying a property, inspect the health of the trees and factor in the cost of longterm health and maintenance issues that will need to be dealt with as you develop the property and trees that might give you problems further down the road. Deal with them early when you have hired staff on the property. This will always work out cheaper than getting out a tree expert specifically but get a recommend expert where possible and if required.
- When you have a dead or dying tree, act early rather than waiting and prevent further potential damage to your property or neighbors.
- When planting new trees, get advice on what trees to plant and where to prevent having to pay maintenance on the tree in ten years time and longer especially as people enter retirement when they have less resources, you dont want to have to remove trees where possible. Plant suitable trees for the type of soil as well as the location close to buildings and taking into consideration the growth rate and conditions.
Current Action Measures
- Do part of the job yourself - Hire a tree expert to fall the tree and when its fallen, you cut it up and block it for firewood. This way your saving on the cutting and gaining firewood. Alternatively, sell on the firewood to neighbors or locals to counteract the cost of the tree falling.
- Maintain your trees annually to prevent longterm care costs, its a bit like regular trips to your dentist will yield you very few surprises, same with your trees in most cases. Annual trimming, watering and overall care will keep your bills down in the long term.
- For more ides on how to reduces costs of tree care check out our article here reducing the cost of tree services