Stump Grinding & Removal
Have you ever tried removing a stump in your yard? It is not as straightforward as cutting down a tree. Its both time consuming and difficult. As you well know from reading this, we get our trees removed where necessary, but leave the stumps as it seems like an unnecessary task but over time, the sight of dead stumps can be annoying to say the least. This is the reason why you find that most homes have a stump or two in their yards. It is easy when the right technique is used.
Removing Tree Stumps
The most effective and popular method of stump removal is by using a stump grinder. This is a machine that is used by professionals to remove tree stumps by destroying and chipping away the wood stump. It has a rotating disk that cuts and grinds the wood down into small chips. You can do the work on your own as long as you have a stump grinder but you need training and equipment. If you are unsure of what is required, you should ask for professional services.
Why Remove Them?
They use unnecessary space- some of them are very big and require to be cleared out to create space for other trees.
They are dangerous and hazardous- nothing pains more than stubbing your toe on a tree stump.
They are eyesores- tree stumps are not a joy to keep watching especially when weed grows on them.
Stump Removal Costs
Nationally, removing a tree stump would cost you around $165. The charges depend on:
1. The diameter of the stump- $3 per inch of diameter.
2. The number of the stumps- most companies will charge $100 for the first stump and approximately $30 and $50 for any other added stump.
3. Clearing land- this means a lot of stumps need to be removed. Here, you pay a flat hourly fee. Most company will charge $150 per hour.
4. Soil condition- If the soil is rocky, you may pay more.
5. Type of tree stump- As said earlier, removing extensive root system is laborious and therefore expensive that removing stumps of trees with minimal roots.
6. Clean up- If you want the chips to be cleared from the area, you will have to pay more.
Removing tree stumps from the yard can be a daunting task. The job consumes a lot of time and effort. It can also require buying a stump grinder if you don’t have one. On such a situation, it may as well be better to hire professionals to do the job instead. If you have some stumps to be removed, give us a call so we can give you a free quote and this will give you a better perspective on whether you want to get them removed now or at a later date.